14 March, 2008

I Ride The Short Bus


OK, so I ride on the local bus system (Tri-Met) here in Portland, OR almost everyday. Ha, you laugh but I laugh to, because some funny moments happen on the bus. I think of each stop as a new act of a never ending play (and just think it only costs $1.75). Most of the things I have seen and heard on the bus throughout the years can be unbelievably entertaining (oh yes it can). But sometimes it can be shocking and down right depressing. Like the time when I had to yell at a guy who tried to rub my leg, after which he moved to another seat only to try this again on another passenger. He ended up with a purse smashed in his face and was appropriately kicked off the bus.

It would be interesting to read some of the experiences that you have from riding on public transportation. At some point I will post a crazy one from years back. It's a true classic of good winning out over evil.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a fellow rider of the circus like transit system, although new to getting around via bus, can most definitely agree with how entertaining it can be. Even on short trips some of the most unbelievable characters will mosey on, stumble off, and even refuse to leave until they have gotten their money's worth. Good post Steven, very enjoyable, and looking forward to hearing more stories. Glad you have your own blog up.. I already have it as a bookmark. Keep up the good work and I might find it as my new homepage.