14 October, 2008

Super Human Times Ten

Last night I attended the Portland edition of Henry Rollins' latest roadshow. According to his website  21361 he states, that this tour is to celebrate the end of the Bush era. If this night is my final memory of the Bush era I will be one happy camper thanks to Henry.

On this night Rollins was in prime form, weaving in and out of stories that only he can deliver. The show lasted over an hour and by the end I felt like I knew both Henry and myself a little better. He is like an eccentric relative that you only see once a year, but when in-town you connect with them even though much of the year they are a big mystery.

He packed his show full of current project updates, psychotic stories, poems and many off the cuff conversations with himself. He noted many times throughout his show his deep fondness for the city of Portland, even stating he was jealous because we can go to Powell's Books any day of the year.

Henry Rollins is a lengend, his presence is something to behold, intense, intelligent, angry, compassionate you name it, he is it, times ten.   

No comments: