02 April, 2008

Road Trippin'

So, spring break has just ended and the puddles of winter are starting to dry up, now what? Summer Road Trips! This time of the year is great for reflecting back, but also it causes me to think about the upcoming summer months. No summer is complete IMO without a few road trips, on top of many camping and hiking adventures that the warm weather always inspires me to take.

Thinking about road trips makes me reminisce about my adventures on the would famous Green Tortoise. Several years back on three separate occasions I took the Green Tortoise from Portland, OR to San Francisco, CA. These trips were always super fun for me, as I would go solo and just take in all the craziness that a ride on "The Tortoise" has to offer.

Things that make for a great Green Tortoise ride:
  • Drivers that will go to out of the way places to pickup & drop off passengers.
  • Everyone helping out with cooking (dinners/breakfast).
  • Hot springs at Cow Creek!
  • All the funny, strange & cool people at the back of the bus.
  • Safety breaks every two hours at some remote rest stop.
  • The bus seats turn into bunk beds!
  • Wondering if the Green Tortoise is actually going to make it without breaking down!
It's also fun to note that a former house mate of mine went on the Baja Beach Daze Trip and ended up being voted "Miss. Margarita" by her fellow adventurers. (hehe)

Any cool plans for the summer?

ALSO: Two of my photos are featured right now on the MHCC Integrated Media website. Check it out!

No comments: